Over twenty years experience in international marketing, controlling €6 million budget. Specialises on delivering tangible results. A judge on B2B Marketing Awards in 2010, a judge on Lionheart Challenge in 2011 and 2013 and advised MSSSB on new digital marketing standards in 2009. A Chartered Institute of Marketing mentor since 2012. Made a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing in 2014.
Dec 2015 – current
B2B Marketing Global Ltd
Nov 2015 – current
Fujitsu PFU EMEA, Hayes [imaging solutions including hardware and software]
Marketing Director, EMEA
Responsibilities: To set Marketing Strategy (marketing communications, channel marketing, sales & channel enablement, alliances, product marketing, events) to expand the overall scanner market size whilst maintaining Fujitsu’s >50% market share across EMEA.
Key Vertical Market Sectors: Finance, Legal, Accountancy, Healthcare, Government, Education, Enterprise (B2B predominantly, some B2C)
- Rolling 3 year marketing strategy including proposal for department restructure
- Introduced concept of Integrated Marketing (previously silo)
- Launched ScanSnap Enterprise Award aimed at Micro Business: largest sales promotion ever launched by PFU EMEA; introduced working with insurance backed promotions via an agency; part 1 of a 3 year micro business strategy
- Channel mapping project launched to give an end to end channel value chain in targeted verticals
- Quadrupled social media fans / followers between September 2013 and September 2014
- Expanded advertising, social media and PR coverage to include MENA, Russia and Poland
- Introduced Sales & Channel Enablement (S&CE) to the company; recruited that role in May 2013, first training courses delivered September 2013
- Introduced vertical market analysis with buyer personas and distinct messaging in marcoms; playbooks being worked on as part of S&CE
- Overhauled product literature so end customer focussed not feature biased
- Attended Gitex in Middle East for first time in own right with a vertical market approach; generated 460 top quality leads, >1,000 business conversations
- Channel portal overhaul scheduled to enhance repeat visitor numbers; social media portal launched; additional languages added; channel newsletters now monthly and multi-lingual
- Marketing automation being rolled out for lead nurturing & relationship marketing programmes
- Pitched events agencies for delivery of major industry conference (Imaging Channel Conference)
- Overseen various major product family launches
- Introduced centralised localisation facility to improve brand consistency including development of style guides and definition of brand personality
Number of staff in team: 14
Report to: VP
Aug 2003 – Oct 2012
Panduit, London [hardware and software enterprise solutions to connect, manage and automate communications, computing, power, control and security systems]
Senior Marketing & Communications Manager, EMEA (held acting Director role from 2009)
Responsibilities: Oversee marketing plan development and delivery across EMEA whilst in line with Global Strategies. Work with other global regions to hit global sales growth targets.
Key Vertical Market Sectors: Finance, Technology, Enterprise, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Industrial Construction, MRO, OEM, Transportation.
- Introduced GSIC (Global System Integrators Congress) to EMEA in November 2011. Engaged sponsors and rolled out comprehensive IMC campaign
- Global channel marketing strategy across EMEA for Distributors, SIs, Installers, Electrical Contractors and ACE community (Architects, Consultants and Engineers)
- Launched PIM (Physical Infrastructure Manager) DCIM (Data Centre Infrastructure Management) Software via regional implementation plans
- Worked with Cisco on Cisco Live in London and Bahrain as well as engagement on Channel Marketing side (PCIP roll out) and joint events in Cisco Emerging
- Worked with Stulz on sales enablement collateral and presentations
- Rolled out Unified Physical Infrastructure Demand Generation, Branding & Thought Leadership Roadshow 78 cities 2008 to 2011
- Project managing the EMEA languages for the RPD (Rich Product Data) and IWE (Integrated Web Experience) projects for the improvement of the digital experience.
- Acquisition campaign for Advisory Services via Facebook and LinkedIn in Middle East
- Developed Localisation of Marketing Strategy: move tactical responsibility from EMEA HQ into regions so closer to customer. Associated restructure of department with skills gap analysis and staffing recommendations
- Introduced qualitative as well as quantitative KPMs: amount of pipeline generated as a result of marketing activities; number of hot leads (BANTS qualified); number of impressions in defined Tier 1 media.
- Introduced and modified procedures to facilitate smoother operations across EMEA.
- Developed and implemented mid-market and large corporate account marketing strategies for both the electrical and datacommunications businesses (including channel, product launch and communications strategies).
Number of staff reports: Direct: 2 Indirect: 8-9 Report to: SVP of Business, EMEA
June 2002 – Aug 2003
Career break: Got married, travelled, renovated a house
July 1999 – June 2002
Transputec Computers plc, Wembley, Middx,
Marketing Manager (July 2000 – June 2002)
Responsibilities: Strategic Marketing Plan development encompassing the full marketing mix for company overall and each division. Member of Senior Management Team.
- Launched new corporate and divisional brochures and website to reflect new branding.
- Established series of workshops with key vendors (including Citrix and Compaq)
- IMC product launch of TOPS (Transputec Online Partner System) client zone (executive reports, ordering, order tracking, asset tagging and a searchable database of over 160,000 products with client specific pricing). Objective: to generate 18 new accounts with a combined spend of £4M pa. Results: Accounts opened including one with spend of £5M pa. Campaign cost £68,000.
- Introduced detailed marketing procedures to increase accountability and improve the links between the sales and marketing departments.
Number of staff reports: 1 – 2 Reported to: Managing Director
Overall marketing budget: £250,000
Tactical Marketing Manager (April 2000 – July 2000)
Responsibilities: Tactical delivery of all divisions’ marketing activities. Also developed customer database to allow targeted marketing and improved customer segmentation.
Number of staff reports: 2 Reported to: Strategic Marketing Manager
Marketing Executive (July 1999 – April 2000)
Responsibilities: Launched Business Advantage Technologies, a new division
of the company specialised in workflow, document management and ebusiness back office integration. Go to market and communications strategy; on the team to select suitable products and vendors for BAT to represent.
Reported to: Marketing Manager and Managing Director
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
Sept 1994 – Dec 1995
Studied for the Chartered Institute of Marketing Advanced Certificate and Diploma at Staffordshire University Business School
Full Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (MCIM)
Awarded Chartered Marketer status
Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (FCIM)
1991 – 1993
PgDip and MSc with Distinction in Computing Science
Subjects: Databases, Computer Networks, Object Oriented Design andProgramming
Dissertation: The Strengths and Weaknesses of the OMG’s Specifications (OMA and CORBA)
1987 – 1991
BA(Hons) German and Modern Germany (IIi)
Dissertation: Umweltschutz: Vier Hauptbegriffe aus einer österreichischen Sicht.
(Environmental Protection: Four Main Terms From An Austrian Point Of View)
1980 – 1987
10 ‘O’ Levels – June 85; 2 ‘A/O’ Levels – June 86; 5 ‘A’-Levels – June 87
AWARDS WON AT UNIVERSITY
1992 WTec award from the EU (Women in Technology)
1993 School of Computing Prize from University for MSc dissertation